1. I'm married to Amsterdam photographer Marc Driessen and we have one incredibly cool son named Rex.
2. I was totally weaned on TV. From Happy Days to Cheers, to David Letterman and the wave of fabulous 80's and 90's commercials in between.
3. I have an Instagram account called Davenportfinds and on it I post pictures of things I find at markets and antique shops around Amsterdam in the hopes of inspiring people to shop for quality, sustainable pieces. Antiques are green, people!
4. I don't wanna brag but, I've been published in the National Geographic. It was just a letter but it's still pretty cool. It was about an article they published on Great White Sharks. I have the issue if any of you want to read it.
5. Amsterdam has been my home for over 20 years and I still get a buzz riding my bike along the canals. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world.
6. I graduated from the University of Texas in Austin with a degree in Art History. For me it was a perfect fit, studying famous pieces of art and writing lots of papers about them.
7. I love biographies. Favs include Keith Richards, advertising legend Mary Wells Lawrence and Barbara Walters. My all time favourite is Patti Smith's Just Kids.
8. I prefer CrossFit (Yo, I can hold a plank for 4 minutes) but I'm trying really hard to get into yoga. Update 8/27 - Yoga was a no go. I bought a SUP board baby!
9. I LOVED writing papers when I was a kid. I loved the research, organizing the facts, setting up the story- the whole shebang. In the 8th grade we had to write a 20 page report for Earth Science class. It was the biggest writing assignment we'd ever had. I wrote mine on the Swiss Alps and I was the only one in the class that got an A. Best thing that happened to me in middle school, which is sad. I still have that paper if any of you want to read it.
10. A few years ago I sold a TV show idea to John De Mol but he still hasn't made it. John, if you're reading this, it's time buddy.
11. I can make a devine Mexican Martini and kick-ass salsa.
12. The best concerts I've ever been to are:
The Beastie Boys July '92 at Austin City Coliseum in Austin, Texas
Grace Jones March '09 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam
Leonard Cohen July '93 at the Backyard in Austin, Texas
Dwight Yoakum August '06 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam